Tuesday, June 4, 2013

New Illustrations

I'm focusing time this year on moving into the children's book market.  One step I've taken is to create collage pieces that clearly move through a known story: Aesop's "The Crow and the Pitcher."  I've added a snipe to the story in a reenvisioning of the classic fable, and for an element of competition.  In keeping with my M.O., each piece contains the four natural elements in some form, and the birds are totem animals.  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and comments, if you'd like to post them.

Overcoming Obstacles I - © 2013 Nicolette Callaway
5"x5" cut paper on canvas

   

Overcoming Obstacles II - © 2013 Nicolette Callaway
5"x5" cut paper on canvas

Overcoming Obstacles III - © 2013 Nicolette Callaway
5"x5" cut paper on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment